Too Much HBO?

So, as you may or may not be aware, we are now smack dab in the middle of what I like to call HBO season. When the moon and the stars all align, three of my favorite TV shows end up airing at the same time, well, give or take a week or two. 

You've got your Game of Thrones, you've got your True Blood, and even a little of The Borgias (I guess that that's Showtime, but it's kind of the same thing), which are some of my favorite television shows. Even The Tudors used to be on HBO, if only it hadn't ended. I still maintain that they could have continued the show if they wanted to. I mean, there are other Tudors besides Henry VIII; if they wanted to, they could even start with Henry VII if they didn't want to continue the show after Henry VIII's death. I mean, that did put a bit of a damper on things.


Even True Blood looks like it's winding down. If they were following the book series, which they're not, there could be as many as 13 seasons! That would be a beautiful thing. However, I was quite disappointed with seasons 4 and 5, so I'm hoping that season 6 redeems itself a little (I should probably write a whole blog about that). If they just followed the books, it would be a whole lot easier. It's like the producers were like "well, the author wrote this great series that everyone seems to like, but it would just be too easy to follow that plot, so we're going to make everything more complicated and make Bill the king!". Let me just remind everyone that there has never in history has there been a King 'Bill' of anything. If you're going to be the king, at least start going by William. There wasn't a 'King Russel' in the books either. Kings have names like Henry and Edward (hint, hint Tudors) not Bill and Russel! This is the reason that people had to keep getting rid of monarchys. It's just not the same after you have King Billy-Bob-Joe from down the street.

Fortunately (or unfortunately), there are no books for The Borgias to follow. Theoretically, that show could go on forever, or, at least until Alexander dies (which, in all fairness, might mean there aren't too many more seasons to come). However, as Jeremy Irons has been both the pope and Scar of the Lion King, I'd say he's pretty much bionic. Although, after season 1, I noticed that the quality of the show was steadily declining.

My consolation is that, the way the book series is going, Game of Thrones the TV show is going to go on forever. Nothing could make me happier. I mean, they did the first two books in one season each, but it looks like book three is going to spread over two seasons. If they do that with books four and five (which were originally intended to be one book any how), that's at least another four seasons, which would equal four years, and there are  still more books to come! Depending on how they split the books up, that means there could be anywhere from eight to twelve seasons of Game of Thrones.

Hopefully by then, there will be something else worth while on television for me to watch.

Just sayin'

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Trouble with Targaryen Eyebrows

The Yik Yak Year in Review

I Have Issues with Lady and the Tramp

What Really Happened to Cedric Digory (The True Origin of the Twilight Series)

What Happened to Ernest?