I Hate White Space

So...I think it's time to add posters to the official list of things I'm addicted to (if you're just going us, that list also includes eyeshadow, Snapchat, gory vampire fiction, making fun of Voldemort, nail polish, and Justin Timberlake music).

Seriously, ever since I moved into my new apartment, I've gone poster crazy. I have over twenty posters in my bedroom alone. That's not normal! And don't even get me started on my expanding collection of living room posters. At some point, something just clicked in my brain and I was like "OMG, I can hang things on my walls." 

That was the beginning of the end. 

I've gone through over 100 command strips since I moved in. It's gotten to a point where one of my roommates  actually had to say, "I don't want to live in a catalog. There has to be some white space." My response to that was "quoi?"

Like, making the apartment look like a giant picture book was sort of my goal. That way, when you're wondering if you should study for your Shakespeare midterm, you can just look up at the Incredible Hulk and be like "Hulk, should I prepare for this exam" Then, Hulk's all like "Hulk smash!" and you're like, "that's what I thought; I'm going to go watch some True Blood." Who else is capable of answering these important life questions? Other humans? Definitely not.

I think the problem is that I hate white space. I just want to be surrounded in color and pictures and almost every sigil that has ever appeared on Game of Thrones. When I own a house, the first thing I'm going to do is paint all the walls blue, green, and purple because I just despise the idea of white walls. I can't paint the walls in my apartment, so I'm doing the next best thing, covering them with posters. 

Thus, the poster addiction. Like, I am completely aware that I am clearly out of control with posters. You know you have a problem when you go around your room with a ruler, measuring your available poster space. My rationale is, why would you have a square inch of white paint when you could have a picture of Justin Timberlake's face? I don't get it. #ThePosterLife

If you want white space, you can look at the ceiling.

Just sayin'

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Trouble with Targaryen Eyebrows

The Yik Yak Year in Review

I Have Issues with Lady and the Tramp

What Happened to Ernest?

What Really Happened to Cedric Digory (The True Origin of the Twilight Series)