Vampire Bros Inc.

I miss True Blood
There's been a fang-shaped hole in my heart ever since True Blood ended this summer. I mean, you just don't get that sort of graphic violence, strong sexual content, and explicit language on network television.

Fortunately, I stumbled across Netflix's token vampire/werewolf based drama Hemlock Grove and promptly watched every single episode in less than 48 hours. I don't think I've ever seen so much gore in my life and I watch Game of Thrones! It was a magical experience.

Anyway, I was about half way through the first episode and I was like "hey, self, doesn't the actor who plays Roman (the main character on Hemlock Grove) remind you of someone," and then I was like, "yes, thanks for pointing that out; he reminds me of Eric from True Blood."

WELL. It turns out that the actor who plays Roman Godfrey, Hemlock Grove's compulsory brooding vampire with a six-pack, is actually Bill Skarsgard, the brother of Alexander Skarsgard, who plays Eric on True Blood, the most attractive undead viking to ever grace the small screen -- like that's a big category. Because, apparently, that family is just full of vampires! I bet their parents packed them blood bags instead of juice boxes in their school lunches.

But seriously, for some reason the Skarsgard family is really, really good at playing vampires. It's actually uncanny how similar Bill and Alexander Skarsgard are as vampires. They have the same vampire walk, the same 'I want to drink your blood' expression, the same vampire voice, and the same vampire mannerisms. Not to mention that they look a lot alike; I mean, they're both ridiculously pale.

I've always thought that playing a convincing vampire has a lot to do with being naturally pale. That's why Edward Cullen was such a failure; Robert Pattinson looked like he'd been dipped in flour or something. Unfortunately, he didn't have the Skarsgrad melanin.

It is now my fondest desire to have some sort of vampire movie/TV show with both Skarsgards playing vampires. Or, better yet, there should be some sort of time travel plot on Hemlock Grove and Alexander Skarsgard should play Roman from the future. That would be some serious vampception. 

But anyway, I think Bill and Alexnader Skarsgard should form some sort of vampire acting company to save the world from more Twilight disasters. The film industry needs to have some serious respect the Skarsgard standard of vampirism.

Just sayin'

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Trouble with Targaryen Eyebrows

The Yik Yak Year in Review

I Have Issues with Lady and the Tramp

What Happened to Ernest?

What Really Happened to Cedric Digory (The True Origin of the Twilight Series)