The Diet Soda Miracle

So, the other day I went to California Tortilla for the first time. I liked it a lot. Not because of the food -- although the food was pretty good -- because of the diet soda. I'm a person in college who doesn't like coffee, so diet soda is pretty important to me as a source of caffeine. Anyway, you'd think that soda is pretty much the same anywhere you go, but you'd be wrong.

That day at California Tortilla I experienced the diet soda miracle. They had this Coke machine with a touch  screen (which is pretty cool to begin with) and all the flavors of soda known to man. Seriously! I saw flavors of soda that I never dreamed existed! They had Vanilla Coke, Lime Coke, Raspberry Coke, Cherry Coke, Cherry Vanilla Coke, and Orange Coke. ORANGE COKE. That's amazing! I've never even heard of Orange Coke. Apparently, it's only been in the US for like six years, maybe less. Before that, you had to go to Russia to get Orange Coke! RUSSIA! 

It's not even just Coke. I talked about Coke because that's my favorite soda, but they have Sprite and Fanta and stuff like that too. A few years ago, I went through a real Fanta kick, so I was fascinated to see that they had lime, raspberry, strawberry, grape, peach, and cherry Fanta. Lime Fanta! Imagine that! You know you're in the 21st century when you can have Lime Fanta with your burrito. It's a brave new world.

Anyway, after I spent like half an hour ranting to my roommate about how magical California Tortilla is because they have a touch-screen soda machine, I was informed that these Coke machienes are like actually everywhere. Clearly, I'm not going to the right fast food restaurants. I did some more research and found that these machines are called Coca-Cola Freestyle and you can lease one of them for about 300 dollars a month -- which is totally worth it and if I wasn't a broke college student, I would definitely have it in my apartment. I don't know what rock I was living under, but I'm glad I crawled out from under it, because now I'm going to go to California Tortilla every day of my life so that I can have the distinct pleasure of consuming Orange Coke refined for the Eastern European palate.

I don't even really like orange flavored things, but there's nothing like the taste of aspartame in the morning.

Just sayin'

Comments

  1. California Tortilla is from the future, I'm pretty sure.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The Trouble with Targaryen Eyebrows

The Yik Yak Year in Review

I Have Issues with Lady and the Tramp

What Happened to Ernest?

What Really Happened to Cedric Digory (The True Origin of the Twilight Series)