And I Was All Like "Whoa" and You Were Like "..."

The other day I was telling one of my friends a story about something one of our other friends said; (this is me telling the story), and I was like "and she was like 'blah, blah, blah,' and I was like 'more important blah, blah, blah, and I was like'" and then it hit me, like is an overused word.

Well, let's be real here,  I overuse the word like. It doesn't make any sense, I mean, I understand the rules of language, I understand grammar, I understand English - and American. It's semi-ridiculous, but, it's just colloquial. Or, I pretend that its colloquial, but actually, I think it's just me who finds it necessary to use like 5 times in one sentence.

But, for whatever, reason I can't break the habit. This is a problem for me, because my career goal is to be princess (more about that mater). A princess cannot say like unless she's making a comparison, for example, the hope diamond is like the crown jewels, only less cool. However, one cannot say such things to the queen and, if I was a princess I would need to talk to the queen.

I can only imagine, meeting the queen of England and being like "your majesty, it's like so nice to meet you." And she'd be all like "...?" and I'd be all like "oh, sorry". 

This is the main I am not already a princess. But there's time. Just sayin'.

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The Trouble with Targaryen Eyebrows

The Yik Yak Year in Review

I Have Issues with Lady and the Tramp

What Happened to Ernest?

What Really Happened to Cedric Digory (The True Origin of the Twilight Series)