I Don't Trust Odd Numbers

So, while the rest of the world is embracing the new year with open arms and all that nonsense, I regard 2013 with cautious suspicion. Yes friends, I regard the coming year with disparnumerophobia, which, according to the internet, is the fear of odd numbers.

I don't trust odd numbers
Now, before you go on and say that that's ridiculous and silly and other negative adjectives, let me present you with this. The last time it was an odd year was 2011, which was unlucky for me because I was in high school. Need I say more? Besides, next year is 2013. 13, is the odd number; I mean there is a reason it's regarded as unlucky like, well, everywhere! Friday the 13th? Apollo 13? Puberty? No one likes 13.


Who's illogical now?

2012 had a nice ring to it. 2012 was a positive year for me: I started college, finished high school, kicked my Farmville addiction (props to me), and became an Angry Birds champion. I don't think a year could go much better than that. Besides, I was eighteen in 2012. There was a nice symmetry to that, even number with even number. Now, I'm going to be eighteen in 2013 and there's nothing pleasant about that. The whole reason I'm writing this blog is so that I'll have written an even number of blogs this month! I mean, if I had my way, we would just skip all odd numbers. That would be a positive thing because, number one, people would live twice as long and, number two, a century would only be fifty years, which would really speed things up. Not that I'm looking forwards to the twenty second century; 21 is an odd number.

Remember, seven ate nine. No one can trust odd numbers. 

Just sayin'

Comments

  1. One good thing about turning twenty--it's a nice, round number.

    I think six is still cowering in fear.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The Trouble with Targaryen Eyebrows

The Yik Yak Year in Review

I Have Issues with Lady and the Tramp

What Really Happened to Cedric Digory (The True Origin of the Twilight Series)

What Happened to Ernest?