People Keep Writing Songs About Me

So, I don't know why, but people keep writing songs about me. Now, I understand that I'm just a fantastic person that everyone wants to talk about, but seriously Green Day. One of the first lines of Green Day's song Maria is "someone shot the president and no one knows where Maria went". Now, Green Day, that sends the wrong message.

I mean, I don't care that Green Day wants to make me the inspiration for the first song on their International Superhits Album; that means nothing to me (just a little sarcasm there). But, seriously, couldn't it have been a more positive song? And this is not just a Green Day problem; The Sound of Music being made into a movie was probably the worst thing that could ever have happened to me because now everyone wants to figure out how to solve a problem like Maria.

Excuse you. Who said I was a problem?

All I'm saying is that everyone thinks its really great to be the Puerto Rican Juliet in West Side Story but everyone forgets how horribly drab her clothes are and, of course, that her boyfriend dies in the end. That is not a flattering portrayal. So, its okay if you want to write a song about me, just don't pull a Take a Letter Maria and make me into a gold digger who gets with her boss like three seconds after he leaves his wife. That, my friends, is how we Marias get a bad rap. Now, if you want to write a song about me, let me suggest you take Ricky Martin's Maria or Santana's Maria Maria as a model because let me just say, those Latins know how to write a song about a girl.

Enrique Iglesias can write a song about me anytime he wants. 

Just sayin'

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Trouble with Targaryen Eyebrows

The Yik Yak Year in Review

I Have Issues with Lady and the Tramp

What Happened to Ernest?

What Really Happened to Cedric Digory (The True Origin of the Twilight Series)