I Fail at Tetris

So, last night my best friend and I were discussing things we were bad at; she was talking about how she was bad at driving (come on, it was only one little chihuahua) and how she needed to relearn how to park and I was just like "you know what, I really suck at Tetris".

This is what happens to me
This may sound a little trivial, but it's no laughing matter. It's really a wake up call when you're sitting in the back of the classroom and you look at the people sitting in front of you and the entire class is on their laptops, winning at Tetris. I mean, I don't know how my eleventh grade Spanish class got through Spanish 3, but they destroyed in Tetris!

 Not like Tetris is a game that you can actually win at (this should probably be it's own blog because there's a whole class of games that you can't win at, you can only lose at and I think it's bad for the self-esteem of America's youth), this is part of my problem with it. I think I'm bad at Tetris because you just play until you lose or you play forever and, the way I see it, that's no kind of choice, so I always lose. No one wins at Tetris, I understand that, it's just that everyone doesn't win so much better than me.

I'm not quite sure why this is; I always start out strong, but the first time I get one of those backwards green pieces or blue pieces that are always really hard to fit together I panic and drop them in some awkward place and usually, that's the end of the game. In the rare case that I actually manage to get things to fit together neatly, there's always some inconvenient piece that doesn't fit into my plan and it leaves an awkward empty space that I know I'm never going to be able to fill. And, when that happens, I usually just give up and let the rest of the blocks fall where they may (literally) until I lose.

Maybe it's because I'm bad at math and spacial perceptions and stuff (which is also why I'm bad at driving), but this vicious cycle must be ended! Until this time, Tetris has been my, "I'm bored and don't want to write this paper game", but I think I need to move on. Last night, my friend introduced me to Kim Possible: A Sitch in Time, so I think it's time to discover new games that I'm bad at.

Excuse me while I take a moment to be childish.

Just sayin'

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Trouble with Targaryen Eyebrows

The Yik Yak Year in Review

I Have Issues with Lady and the Tramp

What Happened to Ernest?

What Really Happened to Cedric Digory (The True Origin of the Twilight Series)