Game of Thrones Memes

So, as I'm sure all of you know, the third season of Game of Thrones is starting this week, so I would like to address something that's been bothering me: there are no good Game of Thrones memes. The whole "brace yourself, ____ is coming" was funny the first few times and hipster Jon Snow is always good but come on, "brace yourself, finals are coming"? "Brace yourself, the the mosquitos are coming"? Why not just say "Brace yourself, poodles are coming" or, if you wanted to be really creative, you could find a picture of Ned Stark on a horse, add a tri-corner hat and say "brace yourself, the British are coming!"? But seriously, Game of Thrones fans, we can do better than that! Why not actually relate it to the show? Like "brace yourself, I die in episode 12, but that's not really a surprise because you've all seen Lord of the Rings" or "brace yourselves, I may have unintentionally just started a war because apparently messing up on film is what Sean Bean does" - only neither of those examples because they were pretty bad. 

I've also noticed a ton of bad Lannister memes; now, I know Jaime and Cersi were sort of asking for it when they started the whole incestous relationship thing. But come on guys, there are so many better things to meme about! Like, for example Jaime Lannister's hair - seriously, he should be in Tresemme commercials (along with Jon Snow of course :P). Also, on an unrelated side note, has any one else noticed that all the Lannisters are slowly becoming brunettes? Why does no one meme about that? Also, noticing that the word imp is part of the word pimp, does not count as creativity. Now, don't get me wrong, there are a few good Lannister memes out there - like the whole Tyrion for President campaign (which, is actually a really good idea, I would totally vote for him). Also, I really appreciate the good people over in the advertising department of Master Card (although I'm a Visa sort of person myself; well played, Master Card, well played).

And of course, I'm a really big fan of the hipster memes, not just in Game of Thrones but in the world in general. The other day I saw a hipster Little Mermaid meme and laughed for like five minutes straight (weather or not that is indicative of any other problem is beside the point). Hipster Daenerys is quite good (the Targaryens were into Dragons before it was cool). I mean, she lends herself so well to being a hipster: white hair, purple eyes, and dragons? Because being the rightful queen of Westeros is to mainstream these days (I'm looking at you, Margaery Tyrell). But hipster Jon Snow is an special favorite of mine, probably because well, he's Jon Snow, I mean, seriously, have you seen his hair? I could write an entire blog just about his hair. And the little faux beard? Adorable - like an irate kitten. 

He should do Urban Outfitter adds.

Just sayin' 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Trouble with Targaryen Eyebrows

The Yik Yak Year in Review

I Have Issues with Lady and the Tramp

What Happened to Ernest?

What Really Happened to Cedric Digory (The True Origin of the Twilight Series)