I Am a Shopaholic

So, it has occurred to me recently that I am a shopaholic. Now, I know this is sort of a sterotypical thing that people say when they don't know how to manage money, but I'm being serious. I know about saving and financial responsibility and all that and I practiced it effectively for the past 17 years or so, but, in the past year or so, I have become a shopaholic. Literally, I actually have to spend money. It causes me physical pain to pass Wal-Mart without buying anything.

And that's not all. The worst thing is clothes. Clothes, so many clothes. I think what happened is that, when I went to college and had a giant new closet and realized that it wasn't full (because I left a lot of clothes at home), I got this psychological urge to fill my closet at any cost, literally. And now, I've realized, when I go home this summer, I am literally not going to have enough space for all these new clothes! I'm going to have to get rid of some of my clothes so that I can continue buying more clothes. There is no logical sense in that statement!

Not to mention, the actual clothes I've been buying. In the last four months or so, I think I have purchased 500 million new tank tops! Since I live in Pennsylvania, tank top season is about two days long, so I have no idea what I'm doing. I just buy things and shove them away in drawers for summer. That is a literal example of buying things for the sake of spending money. It's the same thing with t-shirts. I don't really like to wear t-shirts in winter because it's like cold and stuff, but if I see a batman t-shirt or a Beatles t-shirt or a Spiderman t-shirt or any sort of Marvel avengers t-shirt I have to buy it, even if I don't like it. It's like, well, this shirt is kind of ugly and they don't have it in my size, better spend fifteen dollars on it!

I have the same problem with shoes. There are like fifteen pairs of flats that I never wear in my closet at home, mostly because, I don't like flats. Don't get me wrong, I think they're cute and stuff, I just never wear them. In the winter its too cold and, in the summer, no matter what I may tell myself, I buy a pair of three dollar flip flops at Wal-Mart and wear them until my feet wear through the bottoms. Yet, I continue to buy them and try to find new places in my closet to put them. It's the same thing with dresses; I wear dresses like five days a year, and yet, I keep buying them! And I've already written an entire blog about my problems with eyeshadow.

Don't even get me started on lip gloss. 

Just sayin'

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Trouble with Targaryen Eyebrows

The Yik Yak Year in Review

I Have Issues with Lady and the Tramp

What Happened to Ernest?

What Really Happened to Cedric Digory (The True Origin of the Twilight Series)