Spoiler Alert: Christmas Cookies are Just Regular Cookies

This is completely irrelevant and nonsensical, but it needs to be said: Christmas cookies are just regular cookies with green dye. I feel that there needs to be a public service announcement about this.

A couple of days ago, I set out to make some Christmas cookies -- no big deal right? Well! I was shocked and chagrined to find that Christmas cookies are made out of sugar, flour, and eggs just like regular cookies. There was no Christmas spirit in the recipe! There were no jingle bells! There was no tinsel! There wasn't even any reindeer blood (although I don't know if I could get that at Trader Joe's). Christmas cookies are hiding behind a veer of green food dye and festive frosting. I thought that Christmas cookies were full of jolliness and magic. Turns out, I was wrong. You could make Christmas cookies in July and they would be the exact same thing.

I feel so betrayed.

Just sayin'

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Trouble with Targaryen Eyebrows

The Yik Yak Year in Review

I Have Issues with Lady and the Tramp

What Happened to Ernest?

What Really Happened to Cedric Digory (The True Origin of the Twilight Series)