Let's Be Real Here...

Let's be real here, I use the phrase "let's be real here" way too often, but, if you thought that's what this blog is going to be about you'd be wrong. No, this blog is about addiction. I have an addiction, an addiction to farmville. If you're facebook friends with me, this should be no surprise to you, I mean, just look at my wall. But, let's be real here, its a serious problem. Every day, I tell myself I'm going to quit, then I find myself logging on to check on my yams. Should I care about virtual yams? Not unless I'm a virtual person (the jury's still out on that one). Do I care about them? You bet. Add to that virtual cows, apple trees, and dinosaurs. That's right, there are dinosaurs on farmville, bet you didn't see that coming.

Neither did I, and I think its ridiculous, which is why I've been trying to finally, and definitely give up my farm. But then come the e-mails. Oh yes, Zynga, I know what you're trying to do with your little e-mails. I see right through your cartoon sheep and horses driving tractors, your little notifications about free penguins and discounts on farm cash. It's advertising; that's right, advertising, subliminal messages. Sometimes, after I finish my homework, or, let's be real here, when I blow off my homework because I was hiding my friend's stuff during study hall, I wonder why I have so much free time, because I wasn't on farmville, that's why. And I wonder why I'm too busy to buy a turtle.

Just sayin'.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Trouble with Targaryen Eyebrows

The Yik Yak Year in Review

I Have Issues with Lady and the Tramp

What Happened to Ernest?

What Really Happened to Cedric Digory (The True Origin of the Twilight Series)