Join the Realm - We Have Sigils


This is my last Game of Thrones blog for a while, I promise. So, I recently discovered that HBO's Game of Thrones website has a Join the Realm feature which lets you make your own Westeros style sigil. Enough said. Two hours later and an abandoned essay later, these are the best sigils I came up with.

So, House Oreo. One thing that's been missing from all the blood and guts in Game of Thrones is desert. I mean they're always drinking and feasting and stuff but I'll be darned if I've seen so much as a pudding cup. I mean, how does anyone live their life without the sugary, lard filled confection of wondrous beauty that is the Nabisco Oreo? No wonder everyone in Westeros is so angry all the time.

Then we have the house of cool aardvarks. I have tremendous respect for aardvarks (the cute little ears, the beautiful, darling little nose and, also, how many animals do you know that have a double letter at the beginning of their name?), but Join the Realm didn't have an aardvark so I thought to myself: what is the closest thing to an aardvark? The answer was obvious, an elephant! And not just any elephant - an infinity elephant because, what's better than one elephant - all the elephants that ever existed or will ever exist. Aardvarks: "pull up your socks!", it's funny because aardvarks don't wear socks - they're feet are too big.

Then, of course, you have to have a land shark. What's a land shark? It's a shark, that's on land! (If you don't know what that's in reference to, you're in desperate need of Jenna Marbles (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=swsEvb2yytU). Normally, I don't like sharks, but it's hard to dislike anything that has a mustache. I think that's why people liked Jonathan Rhys Meyers so much in the third season of The Tudors (not that anyone needs any excuse to like Jonathan Rhys Meyers). Also, I made it yellow so that it could be a lemon shark because, as I recently learned, that's a thing that exists.

Now, let me present the obligatory cat sigil because, as they didn't have memes in medieval Westeros, I had to make a cat sigil. A puma is a cat, right? I hope not, because I love pumas and cats are so...well, they're cats. Anyway, I like pumas, or, more specifically, I like puma socks - they're comfy.

And then, of course, I had to make a Slytherin sigil, not like Slytherin doesn't already have a coat of arms or anything :p . But this is better because it's Americanized and, you know, 'Murica and stuff. Plus, in case you can't tell because I'm not any great artist or anything, the snake is eating the lightning bolt because, you know, sometimes Harry can be a such a whiny little Gryffindor. I know that this is verging on blasphemy, but I don't really like Gryffindor. I mean, they're all so self righteous and smug. Smugness is not a good quality. Also, who ever heard of a lion in Britain? It's just a geographic impossibility.

I do however have a lot of respect for Ravenclaw (Hufflepuff is just so Hufflepuff). But yeah, "wit beyond measure is man's greatest treasure" and all that. Before I joined Pottermore, I always thought I was sort of a Ravenclaw. What I really need is a combination of Slytherin and Ravenclaw so, I created it. It's Slyther-Claw, which, I guess is a snake with claws which is, I admit, sort of disturbing. Okay, it's very disturbing. I combined the Ravenclaw motto with the Slytherin motto ("Slytherin will help you on your way to greatness"), because I'm clever like that.

I'm a snake with claws!

Just sayin'

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Trouble with Targaryen Eyebrows

The Yik Yak Year in Review

I Have Issues with Lady and the Tramp

What Happened to Ernest?

What Really Happened to Cedric Digory (The True Origin of the Twilight Series)