Red Hot Chili Peppers for Babies

So, apparently someone has taken it upon themselves to make sure that infants everywhere have access to the great rock music of the 20th century. The other day I was on the iTunes store looking at the new I'm With You singles by the Red Hot Chili Peppers and, under the album section, there was something called Red Hot Chili Peppers for Babies.  Naturally, I greeted this revelation with a mixture of skepticism and curiosity.

Like, don't get me wrong, I like the Red Hot Chili Peppers as much as the next person, actually, probably more than the next person, but it's not the sort of music I would play for a baby. Eventually, I got around to listening to it, however, and I have to say that it's really good. Basically, the group, which is called Sweet Little Band, just made sort of melodic, instrumental versions of some of the Red Hot Chili Pepper's hit songs. I mean, if I had kids, I would have bought the album for them. Who knew that it was possible to make a child friendly version of the song Californication? It wasn't bad at all! I think that this is because all of the Red Hot Chili Pepper's songs have really good, solid melodies.

Thus encouraged, I decided to look at the band's other stuff. I found some interesting things.

Babies Go Pearl Jam? Radiohead for Babies? Babies Go Metallica? AC/DC for Babies? Am I the only one who thinks that that is ridiculous?  I like AC/DC, but how is Highway to Hell child appropriate? That's not even possible. The same band also has Babies Go Kiss and Led Zeppelin for Babies. What is the world coming do?! I like Led Zeppelin, I like Kiss, but I'm not playing either of those albums for my future children. I don't have a lot of hard and fast plans for my life, but one thing I know for sure is that no child of mine is ever going to listen to an album called Babies Go Lady Gaga. I mean, she lived in an egg for three days; her music is not appropriate for impressionable children. Like, I'm seriously questioning the parenting ability of anyone who plays Babies Go Madonna or Beyonce for Babies for their children.

Like I know that playing Mozart for babies is supposed to make them smarter, but what effect would Sting for Babies have on developing minds? Children are the future, and I, for one, would prefer it if my future wasn't listening to Michael Jackson for Babies in utero (which, strangely enough, is not offered in 'for babies' format). This is not to say that all of the albums were bad. Like I said, I really liked the Red Hot Chili Peppers for Babies album and Beatles for Babies and U2 for Babies were good too.

Which brings up an interesting point, do you think that if you played Beatles for Babies for your child every day until they were like 4 or 5 years old, do you think that they would grow up to like the Beatles? That would be an interesting psychological experiment. It would be sort of like that 'if a baby didn't hear any speech what language would it speak' experiment, only less abusive and emotionally damaging. Of course, when I was a little kid, my mom used to play the Out of Africa soundtrack for me every night and I hate that music now, so you never know how these things are going to go. It could have been worse, though, at least it wasn't Lady Gaga.

Just sayin'

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Trouble with Targaryen Eyebrows

The Yik Yak Year in Review

I Have Issues with Lady and the Tramp

What Happened to Ernest?

What Really Happened to Cedric Digory (The True Origin of the Twilight Series)