My Dairy Queen Addiction

So, I've been to Dairy Queen once this week. For most people, that would be perfectly normal, but for me that is like completely ridiculous.

I have a confession to make: I am a Dairy Queen addict.

I'm not sure how it all started. I didn't really grow up in a fast food family, so in general, I don't like fast food restaurants, but, for some reason, Dairy Queen has become the place in my friend group. Like, not just a place we go every now and then. We go to Dairy Queen like 3 or 5 times a week. It's an actual problem for me. Like, if I tell my parents I'm going out, they're like 'oh, are you going to Dairy Queen?'. And I'm like 'no...maybe...yes'. It's embarrassing!

It's not even that I want the ice cream. There's just no where else to go. It's like 'well we could go bowling, but that's too expensive' or 'we could go to the movies but that's expensive'. Apparently, there's no where better to go on Wednesday nights. I mean, the only other alternative is to go to the mall, which closes at like 9:00 PM because it's LAME. At least Dairy Queen stays open until 10. So, I present to you a list of reasons why it's okay to have a Dairy Queen addiction.

1) It's pretty cheap. As broke college kids, we really can't afford to go to places where they, you know, have food that won't give you a heart attack, at least it tastes good.

2) They have red spoons. What can I say, I like red?

3) The ice cream has a little ice cream curl on top; it's cute.

4) They flip the Blizzard upside down when they bring it to you; it's enchanting.

5) They have the good, thick napkins that I like, not the stupid, tissue paper ones that are totally useless.

6) It's much better than Burger King because queens are invariably much more successful as rulers. Feminism for the win.

7) As a resident of Pennsylvania, the land of cows, I am very much in favor of dairy, in all it's forms, even though I seriously doubt that there is dairy in Dairy Queen ice cream. 

8) Ice cream is good. I like ice cream. 

So there you go, Dairy Queen. I mean, as an American, I know I'm supposed to be all 'boo monarchies, no taxation without representation, no ice cream without sprinkles'. I, however, dislike sprinkles because they're too crunchy, so this is one monarchy that I am in favor of.

Just sayin'

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Trouble with Targaryen Eyebrows

The Yik Yak Year in Review

I Have Issues with Lady and the Tramp

What Happened to Ernest?

What Really Happened to Cedric Digory (The True Origin of the Twilight Series)