All I Do is Read

So, I'm like a month into my fall semester and it's going pretty well so far. Of course, I have a lot of homework but, fortunately, I get to do a lot of different sorts of things, sometimes I read, occasionally I read, and, when I don't have anything else to do, I read. So, clearly, I've been experiencing some of that famous college diversity. Occasionally, I read novels, sometimes I read novels, and the rest of the time I get to read about parts of speech and bilateral symmetry in ancient Meso-American cities. So that's always fun.

All. I. Do. Is. Read.

I know that you're thinking that since I'm an English major, I should like reading. I do like reading, of course, but, since the first day of classes, my life has been: wake up, go to class, go to work, come home, read, eat, read some more, go to bed, and repeat. Besides that, when ever I have free time, I read for pleasure because I have this problem where I go to the library and check out all the books that have pretty covers.

I read so much. I mean, when I'm not reading actual books, I'm reading over my notes or making study guides to read later. So, literacy is clearly a good thing for college. I'm taking five classes this semester and, on average, I think I read about one hundred pages per class per week, give or take twenty pages per class. Some of the reading is really fun and interesting, but still, up to 500 pages a week is a lot. Actually, I have one class in which I can be assigned anywhere from 50 to 250 pages a week. We haven't been assigned that much yet, but I'm dreading the way when I have to read 200 pages for a single class in a single week.

So basically, pretty soon I'm going to have vowels coming out of my ears and nouns under my toenails. I'm looking forward to that.

Just sayin'

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Trouble with Targaryen Eyebrows

The Yik Yak Year in Review

I Have Issues with Lady and the Tramp

What Happened to Ernest?

What Really Happened to Cedric Digory (The True Origin of the Twilight Series)