Some Notes on Our Fine Feathered Friend the Duck

Sometimes, I take pictures of Ducks
I go to Penn State, which, in case you don't know, is basically in the middle of the wilderness, so I see a lot of wildlife on a daily basis. We have chipmunks, rabbits (cute), squirrels (terrifying), wood chucks, cows (not in the wild or anything, but we are a big dairy school), and, most importantly, ducks.

I have a lot of appreciation for ducks. Like, they're my favorite aquatic bird (a lot of people like swans, but I think they're pretentious). Like, when you see a duck in a body of water, you're immediately like "that's a legitimate body of water because it has ducks". Ducks confer legitimacy because you can't fool ducks. Ducks fool you; they have three eyelids. You might think that a duck's eyes are closed, but they're actually open because ducks are mystical creatures with multiple eyelids so their eyes can be both open and closed. Like what? I can't even explain to you how cool that is.

That's why ducks have so much swagger. Have you seen the way ducks waddle? That is the waddle of "I have three eyelids and I know it". I mean, there's a reason that I have a whole album on my Facebook labelled 'Ducks'.

And, naturally, the Penn State ducks are the best ducks. Like, sometimes, you see them chilling by Sackett Building and, if you get too close, they'll honk at you like "what up?". That's how ducks greet each other, apparently. And, in the spring, you can see them wandering around Old Main Lawn with their baby ducks. And they all walk in a little, neat line and honk at everyone. You see! Ducks have family values. I feel like all politicians should get the endorsement of the ducks before they run for office because ducks have good morals, they always say hello and they care for their children.

Also, they have webbed toes. I don't know why that's important, but, for some reason it is. Maybe, it's because, as I recently learned, ducks have no nerves in their feet, so they don't feel cold when they're swimming.

It's sad how useful that is in State College because our weather is ridiculous. We have good duck weather. Enough said.

Just sayin'

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Trouble with Targaryen Eyebrows

The Yik Yak Year in Review

I Have Issues with Lady and the Tramp

What Happened to Ernest?

What Really Happened to Cedric Digory (The True Origin of the Twilight Series)