Disney Gets Me

So, I recently heard that Disney is making a live action version version of Cinderella, and I can honestly say that I've never been more excited for anything in my entire life (except for maybe The Winds of Winter, but that's a separate blog). Anyway, I'm pretty sure that Disney is making this movie just for me because they know how that I've seen Ever After at least 25 times and if there was a Disney version of that movie, it would shoot right past Titanic to the top of my guilty pleasure movies list. I'm such a girl.

 Now, I'm not just excited about this movie because I like Cinderella, although I do like Cinderella. I'm mostly excited because every actor ever, from every TV show I've ever liked  is going to be in this movie.

Let me paint a picture for you. Richard Madden is going to play Prince Charming. Can I just take a minute to say "!!!!!". I mean, after he and his entire family were brutally murdered on Game of Thrones, I thought he'd want to take a break from acting. Although Prince Charming is a bit of a demotion after being King of the North, but I'm almost 100% sure that there's no chance of him dying in Cinderella, so I'm okay with that. Not to mention, he's going to make a great Prince Charming; I'm looking forward to seeing him with a clean face, wearing clothes that aren't made out of leather.

Aside from that, Lily James, who plays Rose on Downton Abbey, is playing Cinderella. Now, I don't really like the character of Rose, but I like my least favorite character on Downton Abbey about 10 times more than I like my favorite character on another show (except for Game of Thrones; Game of Thrones = life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness). Not to mention that, not only is Lily James playing the title character, but Sophie McShera, who plays Daisy on Downton Abbey, is playing one of the stepsisters. Life is a beautiful thing, my friends, life is a beautiful thing. It's like the entire cast of Downton Abbey decided to make a movie together. Holliday Grainger, who played Lucrezia on The Borgias (strangely, she was never on Downton Abbey), is playing the other stepsister. Truthfully, because she was so frickin' brilliant on The Borgias, I would rather see her playing Cinderella, but I'll be happy with what I can get.

But wait, it gets better.

Both Helena Bonham Carter and Cate Blanchett are also in this movie.

As far as I'm concerned, this is the dream team. I think I need a moment.

Now, I'm going to be perfectly honest, when I think of Cate Blanchett, I think of The Lord of the Rings and The Hobbit (and Elizabeth, but only because we watched it in 12th grade history), and when I think of Helena Bonham Carter, I think of Bellatrix Lestrange in Harry Potter. Now, I know they've both been in more "sophisticated" and "better" movies, which I haven't seen. But, as far as I'm concerned being The Lord of the Rings is the best film franchise of the 21st century, so being in the Harry Potter movies is recommendation enough to me.

So, to review, there are actors from Game of Thrones, Downton Abbey, The Borgias, Harry Potter, The Hobbit, and The Lord of the Rings in this movie. I have lost the ability to can.

Just sayin'

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Trouble with Targaryen Eyebrows

I Have Issues with Lady and the Tramp

What Really Happened to Cedric Digory (The True Origin of the Twilight Series)

What Happened to Ernest?

Apparently, You Can't Spray Paint Furniture: The Story of My Bookshelf