I'm a Justin Timberlake Junkie

I have an addiction. It's not some normal addiction, like alcohol or drugs. It's much more serious. I am addicted...to Justin Timberlake.
I am a Justin Timberlake junkie. 

That may sound pretty tame to you; maybe you think I just like to listen to his songs some times, maybe you think I just really liked *NSYNC as a kid. That's not it; I am actually obsessed with JT.

He just has the hair and the face and the eyes and the voice and the feet and he's such a great dancer and he's so funny and he's so nice and he's such a good golfer and he was in Shrek the Third and I loved that movie  and he sings and he smiles and he says romantic things about his wife and he does things (that are recorded on the Justin Timberlake Does Things tumblr) and I saw him live in concert once and it was magical and ALL THE FEELS. I just love him; he's a perfect human being.

So that should maybe give you some idea of how I feel....

I can't help it. Some days, I'm just walking down the street and I just randomly think to myself: "you know who's awesome? Justin Timberlake"(or, alternatively, I think "you know who's awesome? Voldemort" - but I try not to tell people about that...). Like, if you don't believe me, you can read through all my old blogs and tally up all the times I mention either JT or *NSYNC (or, for extra brownie points, you can do the same thing with posts in which I mention both Justin Timberlake and Voldemort). I'm guessing those numbers are both well over what would be considered excusable for a functioning adult.

But, in my defense, he is awesome. It's not like I decided to have some weird obsession with Robin Thicke or Miley Cyrus. Aside from being an extremely talented musician and dancer and being a pretty darn good actor too, JT is just classy and down to earth and nice. Kindness is so underrated. When you watch his interviews, you just get the sense that he is genuinely a really nice guy. Sometimes you watch videos of celebrities and you're like "oh, you're soooo slimy", but not with JT. He just seems like a really cool guy. He's always so nice and so funny and such a gentleman. Not to mention that he's respectful to other artists, and most of all, he's respectful to his fans.

The fans have been great to me. I don't think it's asking too much to have me sign something for them. - Justin Timberlake

I mean, he's made some mistakes in the past, but Justin Timberlake isn't one of those child stars who turns 25 and completely loses their mind. He's been famous for more than half his life and he still seems like such a great and humble person. Therein lies the root of my addiction. 

Sometimes I just go onto YouTube and search Justin Timberlake interviews and I watch them all. Even if I've already seen them, and I still laugh at all the jokes! Like, all my friends know that if we're in the car together and a JT song comes on the radio, no one is getting out of that car until that song is over.

He's the wallpaper on my phone.

And I can't even begin a day of work without listening to "Suit & Tie" first. It is actually impossible. Why "Suit & Tie"? I don't know, it's not even my favorite Justin Timberlake song. Maybe I just like to picture him in a suit and tie, maybe I'm just  a little bit crazy, I don't know. Anyways, after that I just listen to the rest of the JT songs on my phone in a loop for the rest of the day. I have other songs  on my phone; actually I have over 400 other songs on my phone, but I never seem to listen to them. It's not even like he's my favorite musician or anything (for the record, RHCP holds that title in my life), I just like to listen to his songs on a loop. Like, I'll be like "this is the fifth time I've heard "Senorita" today and I don't even really like that song", but do I change the song, no, absolutely not.

I am on a drug, it's called...JUSTIN TIMBERLAKE

But it's not just me! Like, just go onto YouTube and read the comments on any one of his music videos or interviews. It's crazy! There are people out there who make me look like I have a passing interest in JT. But even aside from that, you can go up to any random person on the street and ask them what they think about Justin Timberlake and I can almost guarantee that no one will have anything negative to say about him. He's just so likable! Like, on one occasion he shut down an entire city block, and no one even cared! Like, everyone's just willing to make concessions for him because he's so great and perfect and wonderful in every way. Like, even the people who say they don't like Justin Timberlake actually like him. Like, I have this one friend who listens to Metalica and Slip Knot and all these other heavy metal bands and he hates emotion and likes to act all tough and stuff, and one day, I was like "I love Justin Timberlake. How do you feel about Justin Timberlake?" There was just this long pause and then he was like "I like him, but don't tell anybody". Then we had a heart to heart about how talented and wonderful JT is. I feel like Justin Timberlake could commit murder and everyone would just look the other day; the police would be like "well, I'm sure he had a good reason...he's Justin Timberlake!"

Yes he is, he is Justin Timberlake. Enough said.

Just sayin'

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Trouble with Targaryen Eyebrows

The Yik Yak Year in Review

I Have Issues with Lady and the Tramp

What Happened to Ernest?

What Really Happened to Cedric Digory (The True Origin of the Twilight Series)