The Wonderful World of Pop-Tarts

So, if you're anything like me, you're really excited about the new, peanut butter and chocolate peanut butter Pop-Tarts that came out earlier this week. I mean, as far as I'm concerned, this is the best thing to happen to food since they double stuffed the Oreo.

But the invention of the peanut butter Pop-Tarts is hardly an isolated incident. Whoever invented the Pop-Tart was a freakin' genius! Besides being totally delicious, the Pop-Tart is, apparently, a good source of seven vitamins and minerals. I mean, you've got your Thiamin, your Riboflavin, your Niacin, and your Folic Acid. I'm not sure what that is, but Folic Acid is certainly better than non-Folic Acid, right?


Actually, when I was in 11th grade, my chemistry lab partner and I spent both semesters trying to sample all the flavors of Pop-Tarts currently on the market. We would each bring in a different flavor of Pop-Tarts and eat them during class. We had a list of flavors and everything.

Ah, the flavors. I don't know who comes up with the Pop-Tart flavors, but that's a job I'd like to have. Seriously, they should give out Nobel prizes for the best snack food flavors. You know what would win that prize? Chocolate fudge Pop-Tarts. If I had to pick one food to eat for the rest of my life, it would be chocolate fudge Pop-Tarts. Well, it would be either that or Kraft Macaroni and Cheese, but, for the sake of this blog, let's say chocolate fudge Pop-Tarts. Then you have the cinnamon brown sugar flavor, the strawberry flavor, and the confetti cupcake flavor. When the confetti cupcake was invented, it was the first time in my life I could have both cake and Pop-Tarts for breakfast, which, you know, is everyone's nearest and dearest goal. And then they came out with that line of ice cream flavored Pop-Tarts. That's another goal right there.

All I'm saying is that the world of the Pop-Tart is a wonderful world. You have everything you could ever want in a neat, little foil package. The Pop-Tart franchise contains every color of the culinary rainbow.

Just sayin'

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Trouble with Targaryen Eyebrows

The Yik Yak Year in Review

I Have Issues with Lady and the Tramp

What Happened to Ernest?

What Really Happened to Cedric Digory (The True Origin of the Twilight Series)