Commas & Such

I like commas; in fact, I think commas are the most useful linguistic tool available to writers; I mean, think about it, a comma shows that your ideas are related, they flow, they are interconnected and consistent; semi-colons are kind of like that too, they really break down your sentences; I mean, sometimes, its difficult for readers to see how your seemingly unrelated - and, in my case, usually, totally unrelated ideas - relate, well, that's what semi-colons are for; but, let's be real here, commas are friends, not food -that's from Finding Nemo - , which, by the way, was an excellent movie, though, I didn't appreciate their portrayal of whales, which are shaped like commas; you see, everything fits together into one big idea, like circle; that's why I like commas.

Just sayin'.

Comments

  1. Yay Finding Nemo references!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I enjoy commas almost as much as I enjoy your new blog design. The lovely rose pink suits you. 10 points to Slytherin.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you! I thought it reflected my cheerful disposition.And yes, I enjoy commas too.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The Trouble with Targaryen Eyebrows

The Yik Yak Year in Review

I Have Issues with Lady and the Tramp

What Happened to Ernest?

What Really Happened to Cedric Digory (The True Origin of the Twilight Series)