...And Nerds Will Inherit the Earth

Okay, let me start my saying that today, in my English class, I was assigned an essay in which I supposed to define a word. Instantly, I thought of defining the word "nerd", but then my teacher gave us a sample essay to read that was, you guessed it, about nerds. Way to rain on my parade, English 15. But I have some thoughts on the subject, so I thought I would blog about them instead of doing the essay. English class, you don't know what you're missing.

I think nerds get a bad rep. I mean, when someone says "nerd" the first thing that comes to mind is Steve Urkel with suspenders and pocket protectors. A nerd is a kid who gets shoved into lockers and dunked into toilets for swirlies. So 70s, right? Nerds aren't like that anymore (I mean if you ask me, nerds were never like that but, what do I know), because something strange has happened, something very curious that might just be a sign of global warming or proof of the harmful effects of UV rays, nerds have become the cool kids.

That's right, jocks, preps, and cheerleaders, you have all just been demoted. I mean, no one's shoving Bill Gates into a locker or giving Mark Zuckerberg a wedgie, right? That's because nerds are responsible for all the really cool things we all take for granted, Google, Facebook, iPods, smart phones, well, you get the idea. Basically, nerds rule the world. And, when I say world, I really mean the internet, and, as goes the internet, goes everything, right?

So, there you have it, nerds are in charge of everything. I don't know if you should be scared or not. Just remember, if things get out of hand, keep calm and call the Doctor - or Gandalf - or Dumbledore. They'll sort everything out. Just sayin'. 

Comments

  1. I've decided that for my world domination plan I'm only hiring nerds to help take over...though I will hire some brawn for body guards cause, let's face it, how many buff nerds do you know?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've got Dumbledore on speed dial.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The Trouble with Targaryen Eyebrows

The Yik Yak Year in Review

I Have Issues with Lady and the Tramp

What Happened to Ernest?

What Really Happened to Cedric Digory (The True Origin of the Twilight Series)