OCD Nightmare

Ok, there are a lot of good things about college, I can eat ice cream every day if I want to, all my friends live closer to me, and I don't have to deal with high school melodrama. But there's a dark side to college, its an OCD nightmare.

Let's take my dorm building for example, I don't know who designed it, but whoever did, arranged the windows in the weirdest way possible. Each dorm room has one window either on the left or right side of the wall, not in the center, which would make the most sense. Basically, the windows are back to back in groups of two. So, from the outside, there are just columns of windows running down the front of the window. Call me crazy, but aesthetically speaking, there should be an equal distance between each window.

Even inside, the dorms are infuriatingly unsymmetrical. In my dorm, for instance my roommate's bed is about four inches taller than mine. You can't even know how much that bothers me. It almost bothers me as much as chipped nail polish. As soon as my nails start to look bad, I take my nail polish off right away. Most of my friends just leave their nail polish on until it chips itself completely off or until they want to paint their nails again. My OCD won't let me do that. But anyway, one of my best friends lives in the hall next door to mine and I hate going into her building because everything in her dorm is the opposite of mine. The stairs are on the opposite side, the bathrooms are reversed, it's so weird and confusing. Even the furniture is arranged differently.

I like things to be symmetrical and organized. Even my friends are symmetrical. Three of my closest friends are named Kira, Keri, and Megan. Kira and Keri both start with K and have four letters. My name, Maria, and Megan both start with M and have five letters. Kira and Keri are both into yoga and dance and took French in high school. Megan and I are both Catholics and took Spanish in high school. Both Megan and Keri have light colored eyes while Kira and I have dark colored eyes. Kira and Keri are blonde and Megan and I are brunettes, nice and symmetrical.

Now that's an OCD dream. Just sayin'.

Comments

  1. I love that this is actually stuff that I think about when I am hanging out with you guys.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that I make your OCD dream come true :D

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The Trouble with Targaryen Eyebrows

The Yik Yak Year in Review

I Have Issues with Lady and the Tramp

What Happened to Ernest?

What Really Happened to Cedric Digory (The True Origin of the Twilight Series)