I Had an Emotion

Okay, so, today I was supposed to read the Illiad for my history class and I got about halfway through my assigned reading before deciding that I was going to watch Troy instead, because, let's be honest here, it's pretty much the same thing. Yes, I know, I am a horrible, horrible English major. But let me tell you something about Troy, that film provoked some frickin' emotion.

I mean, maybe it's because I knew that Achilles and Hector were going to die and Troy was going to be destroyed, maybe it was the funky music, maybe it was the man skirts, but seriously, I was an emotional wreck by the end of that movie. It's just so tragic because everyone DIES and no one wins (accept for Agamemnon, but no one likes him anyway and he seriously needs a haircut, so he should just go away). Also, Orlando Bloom is in it, need I say more?
It's so saddddd!

Now, I know that I'm just falling for consumerism and stuff, but I don't really care because I enjoyed watching it. Apparently, as a college student, I'm only supposed to like watching 'intellectual' films, but I gotta say I get a lot more enjoyment out of a good aliens-are-invading-the-world-and-I'm-going-to-rip-off-some-heads movie. Like, for real guys, Independence Day is a classic of cinema for a reason. Will Smith as an alien smashing fighter pilot? I think YES.

But anyway, what's weird is that I get more emotional about Lord of the Rings (rightly so), than I do in the one-girl-has-cancer-and-the-other-girl-learns-to-care-and-stuff type movie. I guess that's because, if I want a bunch of people sitting around talking about their emotions, I have my life. It's not everyday that you watch Brad Pitt decapitate ten bajillion Trojans in slo-mo.

Just Sayin'

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Trouble with Targaryen Eyebrows

The Yik Yak Year in Review

I Have Issues with Lady and the Tramp

What Happened to Ernest?

What Really Happened to Cedric Digory (The True Origin of the Twilight Series)