Who Doesn't Like Octopi?

So, the other day, my mom was telling me about how she saw some pink, octopus Christmas ornaments and she thought it was weird. "Who would want an octopus on their Christmas tree?" she asked me. I thought it was weird to, but mostly because Christmas ornaments in September is a little ridiculous. But actually, who wouldn't want an octopus on their Christmas tree?

I think the octopus is an unappreciated animal. They're delicious (and surprisingly chewy), they're symmetrical - unlike those abnormal squids with their freaky cyclopes eyes, and, according to Animal Planet, they will one day rule the world. But seriously, I once saw this special about how after humans are extinct, land octopi will swing through the jungles of Borneo as masters of the earth. I'm just saying, planet of the apes seems a little far fetched - how about planet of the cephalopods?

For example, a few years ago I heard about this octopus named Paul who lived in Germany who could predict who the outcome of soccer matches (I'm not even kidding right now, there is a page about his life on Wikipedia). Anyway, In 2010, he predicted that Spain would win the FIFA World Cup and they did! I can't even predict what I'm going to have for breakfast! 

I mean, what are the odds?

Just sayin'

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Trouble with Targaryen Eyebrows

The Yik Yak Year in Review

I Have Issues with Lady and the Tramp

What Happened to Ernest?

What Really Happened to Cedric Digory (The True Origin of the Twilight Series)