The Spiderman Effect

So, here's the problem with going to superhero movies, you go into the movie feeling like a normal person and when you leave you feel like the Energizer bunny.

Maybe it's the dramatic, gonna-go-save-the-world music, but seriously, it's like Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde. All of the sudden you're ready to run across the country and lift cars off of small children. I call this phenomenon The Spiderman Effect.

Don't get me wrong here, I'm all for daring rescues and such, just don't try jumping off any buildings because I'm pretty sure that, unless you know Tinker Bell, you're just going to go splat on the sidewalk. Please, please, please, don't go splat on the sidewalk. They're are so many more constructive routes through which to channel your energy. I mean, when I'm feeling ambitious I memorize irregular verb conjugations, I don't go out and stop a train.

Leave that to the real superheros.

Just sayin'

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Trouble with Targaryen Eyebrows

The Yik Yak Year in Review

I Have Issues with Lady and the Tramp

What Happened to Ernest?

What Really Happened to Cedric Digory (The True Origin of the Twilight Series)