Frankenstorm!!! Mwahaha!

So, in case the 50mph winds and driving rain hasn't alerted you, there's actually a hurricane going on outside. Ordinarily, I wouldn't mind, my dorm room is fully stocked with pop-tarts, Oreos, and a pint of Ben and Jerry's, which, is all you really need to survive in college? The only problem is that I happen to attend one of the only schools on the east coast that hasn't canceled classes.

frpgjiwrehgepg Penn State. That is how I feel.

Let's recap here; Frankenstorm is coming. That is both a monster and a natural disaster. Last night, Penn State sent around an e-mail telling students to "use your own best judgment when considering traveling during inclement weather, either on foot or otherwise. Your personal safety is paramount". In my opinion, if you have to send and e-mail reminding students not to get blown away, you might want to consider canceling classes. But, you know, whatever, we'll just try to avoid getting bludgeoned by a falling tree branch as we walk to class - because that's not dangerous at all.

As it stands, eight Penn State branch campuses have closed, but University Park hasn't closed because we are not a commuter campus and we are not in the direct path of the storm. Wait a minute... is that not central Pennsylvania engulfed in that great big cloud of hurricane bliss? No? Well then, PSU, I'm confused. Are you sure its not because of the massive University wide bureaucracy that needs to ask permission to blow its nose? The Altoona campus has closed; that's west of us! If they're in the path of the storm than we definitely are.

And yet, and yet...but seriously, if someone gets killed, it's on PSU's head. Like Penn State really needs more bad press or to be sued for millions of dollars again? I don't think so.

Excuse me while I get into my boat and row to Spanish class.

Just sayin'

Update: Since I wrote this, classes have been canceled, but, before that, I still had to walk to Spanish, so, this is STILL RELEVANT. So :P Penn State.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Trouble with Targaryen Eyebrows

The Yik Yak Year in Review

I Have Issues with Lady and the Tramp

What Happened to Ernest?

What Really Happened to Cedric Digory (The True Origin of the Twilight Series)