Spelling Shenanigans

So, I've been having a lot of essay tests over the past week and I've come to realize something. I am an atrocious speller. I guess it's always been that way, I just never noticed it before because I type most of the time. For example, as I write this blog, when I misspell a word, I get a helpful little red line and I control click and voila, it's as if I was walking around with a dictionary in my head. Unfortunately, that doesn't happen when you're scribbling away in your blue book with ten minutes to spare and you're making stuff up because the essay has to be 700 words and you have about 5.

Yeah. That's a problem.

Fortunately for me, in the modern world no one cares about spelling. All that's really important is that you get the first letter right, the last letter right and most of the letters in between. You should also stick some vowels in there somewhere. Usually, when I don't know how to spell a word I write the first two or three letters and then make a bunch of circles and loop de loops that all sort of connect together to look like As or Ys or Ws or Us or Vs and let the reader figure it out. If I'm writing in cursive, it's even easier, I scribble and draw some vertical lines and dot some imaginary Is. And, when in doubt just string some consonants together and call it French.

The only time I really have to know how to spell is when my computer corrects the word frickin' to frolicking. I am a frolicking awesome speller!

Just sayin'

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The Trouble with Targaryen Eyebrows

The Yik Yak Year in Review

I Have Issues with Lady and the Tramp

What Happened to Ernest?

What Really Happened to Cedric Digory (The True Origin of the Twilight Series)